Your privacy is important to Dr Edmund Ek. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Dr Edmund Ek collects, and the ways in which Dr Edmund Ek uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
In order to provide the highest possible standard of care it is crucial that you have faith in us to protect your privacy and right to confidentiality. In accordance with this Dr Edmund Ek and The Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery has developed a policy to protect your privacy in compliance with privacy legislation.
The features of this policy include:
- We collect no personal information about you when you visit this web site unless you choose to provide this information to us.
- Information can only be collected with your consent.
- You have a right to access information that is held about you. On request, Dr Edmund Ek will inform you of what information is kept, how this is collected and stored and the ways in which he uses/discloses that information.
- Personal information is usually collected directly from the patient however there may be circumstances whereby personal information may be collected from other health professionals in order to provide care for the patient. In this situation Dr Edmund Ek will, wherever possible, inform you of this information and its source. Personal information also includes operative notes and photographs. If you are not happy for this information to be collected then please contact Dr Edmund Ek.
- Use and Disclosure – Your personal health information is collected for the purposes of determining your health care. In order to achieve the highest quality of care this may include sharing of information with other medical professionals.
There are some situations in which information may be disclosed with patient consent:
- Emergency situations
- For public interest reasons – e.g. Patient involvement in illegal activities, report of communicable diseases
- Provision of information to Medicare for billing purposes
- To credit agencies or debt collection agencies in the event of default on bill payment
- Photographs form an important part of your medical assessment and record keeping.
- Photographs may be taken for the purposes of preoperative assessment and surgical planning.
- Photographs may be taken for postoperative assessment and form part of your records.
- Photographs are accessible only by staff within The Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery.
- Your photographs will not be published without your express written consent.
- Your photographs may be shown to other patients or other medical professionals for educational purposes but not in cases where these photographs are identifiable as you. If you are not agreement with this then please let Dr Edmund Ek know.
Securing your data
MIPS will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
MIPS will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers].
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
MIPS is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact - The Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery