As a member of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Edmund Ek adheres to strict guidelines governing medical practice and advertising. Our fee structure also follows the recommended guidelines set out by the Australian Medical Association (AMA).
Medical Appointments (15 minutes)
Initial Consultations: $210.00
(Medicare Rebate: $72.75)
Subsequent Consultations: $110.00
(Medicare Rebate: $36.55)
No fees are charged for post-operative visits or after-care up to 6 weeks post-surgery.
Cosmetic Appointments (45 minutes)
Subsequent Consultation: $120.00
(Consultations where a Medicare rebate is applicable: $300.00)
A Medicare rebate may be applicable for conditions where a Medicare item number is applicable – this includes breast reduction surgery, abdominoplasty, and rhinoplasty.
Procedures under local anaesthetic can be performed in the rooms. For these procedures a facility fee of $400.00 applies.
Overall Cost of Surgery
Generally, the overall fees for surgery include several components:
- Dr. Edmund Ek’s fee, which includes the routine post-operative follow-up (six weeks).
- The anaesthetist’s fee.
- The hospital or day surgery fee.
- Pathology (where applicable).
- Others (e.g. cost of implants, prosthesis, etc.).
- For privately insured patients, your private insurance will generally cover part of your surgeon’s fees.
- The remainder, also known as the “gap”, covers the costs of providing specialist healthcare that Medicare and private insurance rebates do not cover.
- The amount of the “gap” varies depending on the nature and complexity of the surgery. In all instances, a written estimate is provided prior to the procedure being scheduled.
- We would strongly recommend all patients check with their private health fund to establish whether other costs apply.
- For certain cosmetic procedures (e.g. facelifts, lower eyelid surgery), no rebates are provided by either Medicare or your private health fund.
- In these cases, a written estimate will be provided prior to the procedure being scheduled.
Please feel free to contact us on (03) 8419 0900 with any questions you may have. Dr. Ek and our practice staff will be more than happy to discuss these with you.